Here is my list of the ten most important things I have learn't whilst doing the A2 course in Media Studies.
1. Getting used to how to use Final Cut Express
2. Learning how to use some of the tools in the program. For example the pen tool which allows the editor to put points in the audio. This points allow for the audio to be increased or decreased, before or after the point.
3. Goodwin's Theories (Narrative, Performance and Concept)
4. Planning aspects need to be thought though in detail (i.e. Storyboarding and call sheets)
5. How important coverage is. This allows the use of more shots keeping the audience interested.
6. Playback of the song allowing people to lip-sync
7. Code and Conventions of music videos
8. Music Video auteurs such as Spike Jones (directed Beastie Boys' "Sabotage music video) and Anton Corbijn (directed Depeche Mode's "Enjoy The Silence")
9. How to mark a previous A2 music video and blog
10. The presentation of blogs and the featuring of gadgets
Here are three things I would like to learn about in the future during this A2 course:
1. The different genres and their common conventions
2. How to create a good digipak and advert for it
3. How to create a QR code.